Sunday 6 September 2015

Morzine July 2015


Morzine Adventure July 2015

My first trip to the Alps to ride my bike couldn't come quick enough. I was lucky to have the boys of Roots MTB driving down with all the bikes (15 in a VW transporter!) and gear whilst I leisurely took the plane and made the journey in a few hours. It was lovely to have the time to read without the kids jumping around! Sad not to have them there jumping around too. 



The drive up to Morzine is such a beautiful one and fabulous to see the alpine villages and meadows I am used to seeing covered in snow. I've been skiing in the alps since I was 2 years old and it was so strange to see the riders coming down the ski hill!





I was annoyed and surprised at myself that I struggled on my first day riding. We hit the trails runs in Les Gets and although we stuck to the green and blue I found it really hard and felt quite intimidated by the size of it all and what felt like a line of huge men racing up behind me on the tight trails. I felt so bad I actually spent the afternoon up by the lake swimming! In 40 degrees it wasn't such a bad option, but I knew I only had 3 1/2 days there and I was 1 day down. I had a word with myself went out on day 2 with a fresh head.






Day two we went to Super Morzine on the park and I could feel my confidence building throughout the morning. By the afternoon I rode the Pleney. There was a new 'red' which was my first introduction to this side of the mountain and although it was definitely not a red, it was the steepest most dusty technical ride of my riding life......I absolutely loved it!! We went back up for a ride down the black and I knew my confidence was back in full strength. I even managed the infamous 'chute' of death and to my surprise, loved it!




On day three we rode to Switzerland and back, best days riding of my life!










On my last day I had a few hours left before catching the flight home to pick up my boys from school! I was tired after the previous few days but determined to squeeze as much as I could from the trip. We rode the Pleney again which I loved, but went into the chute on a bad angle from the start and went OTB a few times to the bottom! Ouch. Could not feel my legs for a while, but managed to have one more go before my flight to put knock the confidence back on track.




Will I go back? Can't wait to get back there next summer!! 
 
You can watch my post crash run down Le Pleney following the link below.........
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. nicely explained the topic "Bikes parts " same as you mention about is quite popular these days in the New Delhi, India. our company provides services for the same kindly visit to know Jawa Perak Double Seat

    ReplyDelete